Updated April 30, 2021: All counties within the Diocese of El Camino Real have now been moved to Orange Tier (moderate risk), and with the new status comes more flexibility in worship. The new COVID-19 protocols include the following:
- In-person worship may be held outdoors with a maximum of 100 people present (including worship leaders), or indoors with a maximum present at 25% of capacity properly socially distances and masked (including worship leaders) (This is more restrictive than the state guidelines for this tier.)
- All must wear face coverings and maintain physical distancing protocols.
- Make hand sanitizer available in several places.
- No use of hymnals or prayer books. Bulletin should be available for one use and to take home.
- A no-touch recycling receptacle for disposal of bulletins must be made available.
- No open Coffee Hour or fellowship with exchanging of food may be offered at any church function, especially following funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Maintain online worship and education for those unable to attend.
- Be prepared to roll back when cases increase.